Most people at this time of year have been very busy with the holidays: so much shopping, family and friend visiting, eating great food, decorating and relaxing. Perhaps you are planning your goals for the new year and even setting some resolutions. If you live in Philadelphia, perhaps you are getting ready for the Mummer’s Parade!
Sometimes we fall short of our preparation into the new year by not paying attention to the little things around us that will help balance out the energy of what is to come. Have you heard the saying, “out with the old, in with the new”? This is what we will focus on to help align yourself with “the new”.
Clearing the clutter in and around your space will be needed for this process to occur. Time passes very quickly and in order to “be ready” you need to get things in order. Start with these simple suggestions:
End of the Year Clearance
- clean your bathroom.
- clean out your refrigerator
- pull all your clothes away
- do all laundry
- put out fresh towels
- take your vitamins
- make your bed
- pay all outstanding bills
- take clothes to the
- clear counters in the kitchen
- wash, dry and put away dirty dishes/pots
- sweep and mop
- clean your bureau
- put boxes away/store items in closets/attic/basement
- clear your hallway
- throw away unwanted mail
- clear your email mailbox
- write to do list for the week (by day)
- write your chicken list
- clear off tables in your living space
- write in your gratitude journal
- stuff a brown bag with clothes/household items to donate
- return books, tapes, cd’s to the library
- clean out the trash in your car
- in the washer
- set your goals for the next year
- clean off bedside nightstand
Carpe Diem and Tempus fugit!
Donna Marie Laino, RN